Flood Insurance
page title

Open and bookmark this link on your work computer and even your smartphone for an easy to check database of claims hotline numbers & several email address for dozens of carriers in one helpful place.

Each year, more U.S. properties within floodplains are destroyed by flooding than fire. Changing weather patterns, increased urban development, and the leveling of forests have reduced the land's natural ability to absorb water. As flooding becomes a common occurrence, property owners need to face the facts. Flood damage can happen anytime, no matter where you live.

Property owners know that a homeowner’s policy covers fire damage, but most don't realize that it won't cover flood or mudslide damage. Rising waters and debris can destroy your home, business, and personal belongings within minutes. Most floods don't qualify for federal disaster aid. Only floods that are declared national disasters by the president qualify for federal assistance. This assistance is in the form of a grant averaging less than $2,500 or a federal loan that must be paid back with interest. That's in addition to payments on your existing mortgage loan! Only flood insurance protects your home and your belongings from damage caused by rising water or mudflow.

Flood insurance is available for the value of the structure, minus the land value. (Contents coverage is also available, but is optional and must be requested.) Even if you have had previous flooding, you can still buy flood insurance. If you’ve received disaster assistance before, you must first obtain flood insurance to be eligible for future federal relief. As more flooding occurs throughout the country, the cost of rebuilding is skyrocketing. Floods now cause more than $2 billion in property damage each year!

Is Flood Insurance Important?

From PBS NewsHour: Hurricane Katrina Poses Unique Challenge to Insurance Industry

"For the nation's insurance companies, the Aug. 29, 2005 landfall of Hurricane Katrina, and subsequent flooding that caused thousands to flee their homes, is shaping up to be the costliest domestic natural disaster in U.S. history.

Robert Hartwig, chief economist at the Insurance Information Institute, said Hurricane Katrina could force the largest payout of federal flood insurance in history -- in the ballpark of $3 billion, according to a CNN/Money report.  But some consumer groups argue insurance companies should not deny policyholders money on the basis that they don't handle flood insurance.  "The fact that survivors may have to go to court to fight for their rights at a time like this is shameful," Douglas Heller, executive director of the California-based nonprofit Foundation for Taxpayer and Consumer Rights, said.

Flood insurance is relatively inexpensive -- the average premium is about $400 -- but voluntary, so people don't often purchase it even though it's the largest single cause of damage to homes, said Stewart of the Insurance Information Institute. Insurance agents receive little commission for it and homeowners who live outside flood-prone areas feel little motivation to purchase it. However, Stewart said he hopes one good thing that will come of Hurricane Katrina will be a new motivation for people to buy flood insurance."

At Term Brokers, we represent the largest flood insurers in the country.  Fidelity National Indemnity Insurance and Travelers Insurance are among the largest and most trusted.  Term Brokers, through association with these companies is a participant in the federal government's National Flood Insurance Program.  We are fully qualified to help you find adequate and affordable coverage.

What can you do to prepare?

You should develop a flood emergency action plan that includes the following:

  • Most importantly, contact Term Brokers to add FEMA flood insurance to your current policy.
  • Determine whether you live in a flood-prone area.
  • If flooding is possible, move valuable items from the basements or first floor to higher floors in your home. Have a checklist of these items in your emergency action plan.
  • Keep abreast of road conditions through the news media.
  • Move to a safe area before access is cut off by flood water.
  • If advised to evacuate, do so immediately.
  • Do not attempt to drive through a flooded roadway. If the roadway is flooded, turn around.

Additionally, we suggest that you take a few minutes to watch this video:

  1. Coverage for flood or rising water is a separate form of insurance obtained from FEMA through the National Flood Insurance Program and is provided and managed for you by Term Brokers. To make it clear, your homeowners' policy will not cover flood damage.
  2. Standard homeowners insurance does not cover flooding, it's important to have insurance protection from the floods associated with hurricanes, tropical storms, surges, heavy rains, and other conditions that impact the Florida Panhandle.
  3. Florida flood water damage is by far the most devastating aftermath of these storms.
tropical cyclone deaths pie chart
"Recent storms create devastating water damage" - Bloomberg Business Week, September 8, 2011

Term Brokers Florida Flood Insurance Offers You …

Building Coverage

Covers damage to your dwelling and items such as the furnace and water heater.

Contents Coverage

Covers your furniture, rugs, appliances, and clothing (subject to limitations in basement areas).

Property Protection

Pays for sandbagging and other expenses for preventing flood damage.

Clean-Up Reimbursement.

Covers the costs of cleaning your home and removing debris after a flood.

Term Brokers has a highly trained professional staff who are knowledgeable about flood losses and able to provide you with superior claim service.  Florida flood insurance is very affordable, and we offer multiple deductible options that will save you money and give you excellent care-free protection.

Flood Insurance for "X" Zones

As many homeowners already know, flood insurance is provided through the federal system. Flood rates can vary depending on your specific Flood Zone. If a home is located in an X Flood Zone and is not located in a Coastal Barrier Resource Area zone (CBRA), flood rates are pre-determined by coverage amount requested.

The chart below provides the annual premium for flood insurance with a $500 deductible on a home located in X zones that are not CBRA zones. The first number is the amount of Dwelling coverage and the second number is for your Personal Property. Call us today to find out if you qualify for these affordable rates! If you are not in an X Zone we still offer fast quotes when an Elevation Certificate is available. If you do not have an Elevation Certificate or do not know your zone, contact us at 850-864-2000 or jana@termbrokersinsurance.com.

Flood Insurance for "X" Zones
Building Coverage Content Coverage Annual Premium
$20,000 $8,000 $129.00
$30,000 $12,000 $181.00
$50,000 $20,000 $238.00
$75,000 $30,000 $279.00
$100,000 $40,000 $310.00
$125,000 $50,000 $332.00
$150,000 $60,000 $354.00
$200,000 $80,000 $388.00
$250,000 $100,000 $412.00
Deductible: $1,000
TermBrokers Insurance represents the following flood insurance companies:
Florida flood insurance      florida flood insurance

Insurance Company Claims Contact Information
Company (Website links) Phone in Claims Fax / Email
Bristol West Foremost 800.274.7865
GMAC 800.325.1088
Mercury 800.503.3724
Nationwide (Allied) 800.282.1446
Nationwide McClung
Progressive 800.274.4499
Safe Co 800.332.3226
Travelers 800.Claim33
American Integrity 866.277.9871
ASI 866.274.5677 claims@americanstrategic.com
Bankers 800.765.9700
Capitol Preferred 888.388.2742
Citizens 866.411.2742
Edison 888.683.7971 Opt.2
EPIC 866.709.8749
Federated 800.293.2532 Ext.2 877.724.2886
Florida Penisula 866.549.9672 513.388.3579
Florida Family 866.486.4663
Heritage Insurance 855.415.7120
Homeowners Choice 866.324.3138
Olympus 866.281.2242
Orchid Insurance 866.370.6505 Ext.106
Peoples Trust 877.333.1230
Prepared Insurance 877.313.1824
Royal Palm 800.216.3711
Sawgrass Mutual 877.853.4430
Seacoast Brokers 843.341.1600 843.341.1601
Southern Fidelity 866.722.4995
Southern Oak 866.900.2280 813.689.5461
St. Johns 800.748.2059 800.828.8920
Tower Hill 800.342.3711
United P&C 800.256.3387
Univdersal North America 866.999.0898
Universal Property & Casualty 800.470.0559 954.958.1206
ASI Flood 866.511.0793 800.580.1983
Wright 800.725.9472 877.270.4329
Travelers 800.238.2265 N/A
Hartford 888.245.7274 N/A
Progressive 877.776.2436 N/A
Zurich 800.987.3373 877.962.2567

Contact us NOW at 850-864-2000 or jana@termbrokersinsurance.com to set up an appointment or to arrange for a quote! Our professional staff can assist by advising you on the best package designed for your homeowners, auto, commercial, flood, condominium, boat, health, and life insurance.

Copyright Term Brokers Insurance Services 2014 [License Nos. L048446 and 17077, Jana McDonald License No. E155640 Licensed 220 (property and causality), life, and health license. Christopher McDonald Licensed 220 E160810. Commercial use by others is prohibited by law.]

Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions